Sri Aurobindo Study Circle at Cuttack started in the year 1947 by the blessings of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother. The movement grew and when Sri Animesh Samantaray, the son of Sri U.N.Samantray went to Sri Aurobindo Ashram for his education, he suggested the idea of bringing Relics to Cuttack. Sri U. N. Samantaray by the advice and inspiration of Babaji Maharaj and Prapatti arranged everything for the Lord's coming to this place. This is the only place where Babaji Maharaj was the Chairman till he left his body. He and Prapatti were solely responsible for all the activities of this centre. The Sri Aurobindo Institute of Higher Studies and Research (The name given by Sri Prapatti) was the Integral School started on 18th , July, 1975. On 8th August, 1988, the plus two section, that is the college wing (Arts) and on 9th , September, 2000, science section were started. It is only for Sri U. N. Samantaray, the founder secretary of this institution, this became a centre of Mother's Work in Orissa.

Name of SecretarySri Gadadhar Mishra
Date of Installation9th December, 1972, 10 AM
Installed BySri Ramakrishna Das
Library Attached Yes
Garden Attached Yes
Integral School Attached to the PremisesofRC Yes
Hostel Attached to the School Yes
Timings of Public Darshan of RC4 AM to 11 PM
Cost of Construction 
Number of Persons Visiting DailyAbout 1800 persons daily
Planmade ByUsha and Nrupen. The plan was seen and pproved by The Mother
Flooring Marbel Finish Yes
Daily Activities of the AshramDaily Meditation,Daily Study Circles, and other functions through out the year
The Message Inscribed on SamadhiTo Thee who hast been the material envelope of our Master, to Thee our infinite gratitude. Before Thee who hast who hast done so much for us, who hast worked, struggled, suffered, hoped, endured so much, before Thee who hast willed all, attempted all, prepared, achieved all for us, before Thee we bow down and implore that we may never forget, even for a moment, all we owe to Thee. -The Mothe